About Me

My photo
CT/RI, United States
emcee/producer/DJ

Saturday, September 19, 2009

a fallen x-men



GM ROC RAIDA
R.I.P.
May 18, 1972 – September 19, 2009

Personally one of my favorite DJ's! (along with former
original crew members The X-Men/X-Ecutioners...DJ's Mista Sinista,
Rob Swift & Total Eclipse) I still remember diggin' for "X-pressions"
for weeks after a friend dubbed me a cassette...I never owned an album
prior to that where the DJ was the center of attention!
Of course I had local and New York mixtapes from the likes of
DJ Mayday to Tony Touch..but..nothin' like what these cats
delivered! One of the reasons to this day I keep a look out for
turntablist records! Hip Hop's lost another grandmaster.
For anyone unfamiliar with this man and his work...
Do Your Homework!

Wikipedia- Roc Raida & X-Ecutioners

KnittingFactory.com




No comments: